Thursday, January 14, 2010

Recipe of the Day

For the past week and a half I've been having an all fruit smoothie before dinner. Something to help fill me up and give me my fruit intake for the day. I HATE bananas and can only tolerate them in smoothies. My at home recipe varies a bit but I'm sure this one is delish!

Ingredients:
• 2 frozen, ripe bananas
• 1 mango, peeled and sliced
• 10 ounces calcium fortified orange juice
• 1 cup low fat or fat free vanilla or mandarin orange yogurt
Preparation:
Cut banana into chunks. In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, thin with a little more orange juice. Pour into 4 glasses.

Per Serving: Calories 150, Calories from Fat 8, Total Fat 0.8g (sat 0.4g), Cholesterol 2mg, Sodium 29mg, Carbohydrate 32g, Fiber 1.9g, Protein 3.4g



ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment