Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lifetime Goal


Some people have goals of becoming famous, rich, or successful. My lifetime goal is to wear a catsuit. Don’t judge me. This would be epic for me! It would mean that all these years of hard work, sacrifices and ugh..dieting have paid off! I would finally be able to wear a sexy onesie without holding my breath, sucking in my stomach and poking out my booty all at the same time. Try doing that ish for 10 minutes straight. I’ll wait…..
Ain’t easy is it?

I was almost at my ultimate life goal about 3 years ago. I was roughly 165lbs (5’10”) but of course I felt like I needed to “lose that last 5”. As I look back on it now, I try to think about what I was doing differently in my workouts and eating habits. I guess the biggest difference is my consistency. I was working out at least 4 days a week doing 1 hour of cardio and 20 minutes of strength training EVERYDAY!

Shiiiiiittttt…Now, I can barely find 20 minutes to take a dump. Especially after work. Sometimes taking care of a 31 year old baby husband can be time consuming. Of course, I can’t put it all on him. Sometimes, I’d just rather sit on my couch and watch the Bad Girls Club until I’m thoroughly disgusted with Natalie’s chin and can’t watch anymore.

As far as eating habits, I pretty much eat the same things as I used to. I’m not big on chips, cookies and candy, so that’s not hard to eliminate from my diet. During the week, I cook (I’m aware that I’m probably one of the few married women, without kids, that cooks almost daily) light meals like baked chicken breast, brown rice and veggies. But those darn weekends get me. I admit that I’m a little laxed on the weekend meals. I won’t even begin to name some of the things I “get a taste for”. But lately, I’ve been really cutting back on going overboard. Sometimes I can hear my mom’s next door neighbor saying “A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips” and I decide to order salad instead…

Another factor that I refuse to succumb to is age...flatline. Ok, I’m almost 30 and I swear my body doesn’t snap back like it used to. I used to be able to go out partying all night on a Friday, drink from 9pm – 3am, leave the party and eat junk food [hello Taco Burrito King] and be good the next morning. Pop a Tylenol or 2 but that was about it. Now, please. My a** would go out Friday, be on bed rest all day Saturday, have to drink Ginger Ale and eat saltine crackers all day Sunday and STILL might have to call off Monday. If this is how my body is gonna treat me after all these years of love, I guess by the time I’m 50 my diet will consist of a cheese cube and lemon water. *kanye shrug*

2 comments:

  1. Go for it and post pics all day!!! I'm with you. I can't do it like I used to. I think my knees are giving out on me. My body says no to consistent partying these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is awesome friend!

    You know we are famous for our obsession with our weight. It's been something I've been battling since college. For me it's about feeling good mentally and physically. There's something about putting on those pair of jeans that fits you in all the right places and still being able to breath...when your body is right, your minds right. And not just for the physical benefits but it also grounds you mentally. For me exercising has kept me from cutting somebody! It's a major stress reliever. Loosing weight it a mental game, you have to trick your mind into doing it and being consistent. I like challenges so the game motivates me, and I always say to myself, I'm "Bad" now wait till I get to my goal weight...they're not going to know what to do with me...lol

    ReplyDelete